立即注册
查看: 253|回复: 5

此城:北京 (The City: Beijing)

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-8-29 11:06:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/08/28/ai-weiwei-on-b

Posted on 2011/08/29 by Michael Stevenson

根据艾未未英文文章翻译

北京是两个城市。一个是权力和金钱之城。人们不关心自己的邻居是谁,他们不相信你。另一个北京,是绝望之城。我看到乘公交的人们,我从他们的眼睛里,看不到任何希望。他们根本不敢想象自己买得起一个房子。他们从连电和厕纸都没有的贫穷乡村来到这里。

每年数百万人来到北京,为这个城市修建桥梁、道路和房屋。每年他们建出一个1949年时候那么大的新北京。他们是北京的奴隶。他们蜷缩在违章建筑里,被政府摧毁又卷土重来。谁拥有房子?那些政府的人、那些煤老板、那些大企业主。他们来到北京送礼——因此北京到处都是饭店、卡拉OK和桑拿。

北京告诉外国人说,你们能读懂这个城市,我们有同样形式的建筑:鸟巢、CCTV……官员就跟你们一样西装革履,我们是一样的,我们可以做生意。但他们拒绝给我们最基本的权利。你们见到民工子弟学校被关闭,你们见到医院把病人的伤口缝合后,发现病人没有钱,于是再把伤口拆开。这是一个暴力之城。

在北京最坏的事情是,你永远不敢相信司法系统。没有信任,你无法辨别任何事情。那就像一场沙尘暴。你无法把自己看成这个城市的一部分——这里没有一个地方与你有关,没有一个地方你想去。没有一个角落,没有一块地方被阳光照射。你对任何材质、纹理和形状不会留下回忆。所有的东西都一直在改变,依照某些人的意志、某些人的权力。

要合适的设计北京,你必须让这个城市为不同利益的人群提供空间,这样人们才能共处,这样才是一个完整的社会。城市应该是一个能为人们提供最大自由的地方,否则就是不完整的。

我很遗憾但我不得不承认,在北京我没有最喜欢的地方。在这个城市里,我不想去任何地方。这个地方太单一。你根本没有看着一个人走过你身旁的欲望,因为你知道他在想什么。没有好奇,也没有人会与你争论。

我的作品全都不在北京。鸟巢——我从来没想过这东西。奥运之后,普通人不再讨论它,因为奥运并未给人们带来快乐。

北京也有积极的方面。人们仍然在生小孩。这里没有几个漂亮的公园。上周我走进一个公园,人们走来像我竖起大拇指,或者拍拍我的肩膀。为何他们要用这种隐秘的表达方式?没人愿意说出来。他们在等什么?他们常常告诉我“未未,离开中国吧。”或者“你一定要长寿,要看着他们死。”,无论是离开这个国家,还是耐心的等着看他们怎么死,我都无所适从。

我的痛苦经历使我明白,在这个大监狱里,他们有很多秘密关押人民的地方。那些人没有姓名、只有一个号码。他们不关心你要去哪里、犯了什么罪。他们见到你,或者没有见到你,没有一丁点的差别。这样的秘密关押点数以千计。只有你的家人在为了你的失踪奔走哭号。但你无法从街道办或者官员嘴里得到答案,甚至最高级的法院、警察和国家领导人。我的妻子每天写申请、打电话到警察局。我的丈夫在哪里?请告诉我我的丈夫在哪里!没有任何信息!

那些秘密关押点最可怕的地方是,它完全彻底的切断了你和你记忆中熟悉的东西的联系。你被彻底的隔离。 你不知道你将在里面呆多久。你连问这个问题的机会都没有。没有任何东西可以保护你。我为何在这里?你的思维会变得极不稳定。你开始变得疯狂。对任何人来说,这都非常可怕,就算对有坚强信仰的人都是如此。

这个城市与其他人无关,与建筑无关,与街道无关,只与你的心理有关。如果我们能记得卡夫卡写的关于他的那个城堡,我们就能理解。城市确实是一种精神状态,而北京,是一个梦魇,一个无尽的梦魇。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-29 11:19:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 酒中仙 于 2011-8-29 11:20 编辑

直接附上艾未未原文吧

The City: BeijingAug 28, 2011 10:00 AM EDT

Ai Weiwei finds China’s capital is a prison where people go mad.

Beijing is two cities. One is of power and of money. People don’t care who their neighbors are; they don’t trust you. The other city is one of desperation. I see people on public buses, and I see their eyes, and I see they hold no hope. They can’t even imagine that they’ll be able to buy a house. They come from very poor villages where they’ve never seen electricity or toilet paper.

Every year millions come to Beijing to build its bridges, roads, and houses. Each year they build a Beijing equal to the size of the city in 1949. They are Beijing’s slaves. They squat in illegal structures, which Beijing destroys as it keeps expanding. Who owns houses? Those who belong to the government, the coal bosses, the heads of big enterprises. They come to Beijing to give gifts—and the restaurants and karaoke parlors and saunas are very rich as a result.

Beijing tells foreigners that they can understand the city, that we have the same sort of buildings: the Bird’s Nest, the CCTV tower. Officials who wear a suit and tie like you say we are the same and we can do business. But they deny us basic rights. You will see migrants’ schools closed. You will see hospitals where they give patients stitches—and when they find the patients don’t have any money, they pull the stitches out. It’s a city of violence.

For a man imprisoned and conditionally released, neither neighbors nor strangers nor Beijing’s officials nor courts can be trusted., Chien-Chi Chang / Magnum Photos
The worst thing about Beijing is that you can never trust the judicial system. Without trust, you cannot identify anything; it’s like a sandstorm. You don’t see yourself as part of the city—there are no places that you relate to, that you love to go. No corner, no area touched by a certain kind of light. You have no memory of any material, texture, shape. Everything is constantly changing, according to somebody else’s will, somebody else’s power.

To properly design Beijing, you’d have to let the city have space for different interests, so that people can coexist, so that there is a full body to society. A city is a place that can offer maximum freedom. Otherwise it’s incomplete.

I feel sorry to say I have no favorite place in Beijing. I have no intention of going anywhere in the city. The places are so simple. You don’t want to look at a person walking past because you know exactly what’s on his mind. No curiosity. And no one will even argue with you.

None of my art represents Beijing. The Bird’s Nest—I never think about it. After the Olympics, the common folks don’t talk about it because the Olympics did not bring joy to the people.

There are positives to Beijing. People still give birth to babies. There are a few nice parks. Last week I walked in one, and a few people came up to me and gave me a thumbs up or patted me on the shoulder. Why do they have to do that in such a secretive way? No one is willing to speak out. What are they waiting for? They always tell me, “Weiwei, leave the nation, please.” Or “Live longer and watch them die.” Either leave, or be patient and watch how they die. I really don’t know what I’m going to do.

My ordeal made me understand that on this fabric, there are many hidden spots where they put people without identity. With no name, just a number. They don’t care where you go, what crime you committed. They see you or they don’t see you, it doesn’t make the slightest difference. There are thousands of spots like that. Only your family is crying out that you’re missing. But you can’t get answers from the street communities or officials, or even at the highest levels, the court or the police or the head of the nation. My wife has been writing these kinds of petitions every day, making phone calls to the police station every day. Where is my husband? Just tell me where my husband is. There is no paper, no information.

The strongest character of those spaces is that they’re completely cut off from your memory or anything you’re familiar with. You’re in total isolation. And you don’t know how long you’re going to be there, but you truly believe they can do anything to you. There’s no way to even question it. You’re not protected by anything. Why am I here? Your mind is very uncertain of time. You become like mad. It’s very hard for anyone. Even for people who have strong beliefs.

This city is not about other people or buildings or streets but about your mental structure. If we remember what Kafka writes about his Castle, we get a sense of it. Cities really are mental conditions. Beijing is a nightmare. A constant nightmare.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-29 11:33:46 | 显示全部楼层
这是一个把【为人民服务】高高挂起的城市。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-29 12:14:53 | 显示全部楼层
艾未未又出新的批评文章啦真佩服他,可不只这篇文章会给他带来什么样的后果?感觉政府也不会太敢对他如何吧?

点评

为艾未未祈祷!但愿他平安无事!我很崇拜他。  发表于 2011-8-30 17:04
当初也以为不会对高智晟太如何,结果。。。。  发表于 2011-8-30 17:01
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-30 00:46:03 | 显示全部楼层
楼主小从你好,是不是你还在奴才51当版 主,还动不动把我们的一些发贴给屏蔽了。
你还真想打入敌人内部啊?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-30 01:09:26 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|加国新天地论坛

GMT-4, 2024-9-20 05:36 , Processed in 0.033814 second(s), 15 queries .