找回密码
 立即注册
楼主: 秋叶

好低的价格啊,结伴古巴游

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-12-15 13:16:10 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 8hao 于 2011-12-15 12:17 编辑

加勒比海最好旅游季节是4-6月,1-2月冷,3月march break/reading week贵,7-8月热也有飓风,9-11月飓风季节。

最便宜古巴、多米尼加,大家文化、语言差不多。古巴好像时光机回到以前,多米尼加是红灯区,治安也不太好,有大城市去玩,花样比较多。还有多米尼加位于地震带,和海地同在一断层,近年地震高发期要有点心理准备。古巴、多米尼加海滩、潜水不是最好。

能再多付一点钱,St. Marteen条件好很多,牙买加、墨西哥价钱差不多,治安嘛要小心,牙买加千万不要离开度假村,墨西哥最好跟当地旅游团去看金字塔。St. Vincent万万不要去,我有个同事差点在酒店给酒店老板强奸。

再贵一点的Bahamas、St. Lucia、Aruba都很高档,就是太贵不划算。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-12-16 01:47:36 | 显示全部楼层
弄舟 发表于 2011-12-15 11:46
我和老婆决定去多米尼加。古巴是个共产国家,能避则避。多米尼加价格也差不多,而且设备更新,吃得更好。也 ...

谢谢8hao, 龙女,弄舟提供的情况, 多米尼加是否有值得去的景点? 比如以前我去的墨西哥的CANCUN就是我理想要去的地方, 那里有古迹多处,有海湾活动包括游泳,浮潜,海豚,跳水。还有多个地方可以深海潜水等等我都参加了,如果只呆在酒店吃喝和晒太阳(晒太阳我是避之还来不及滴), 如果因为气温低还不能游泳,那就太,我可是游泳和跳水的高手啊, 我以前是大学游泳队的还拿过名次呢,在加拿大我也考过救生员的资格呢,不过我一天都没有去做过,哈哈扯远了,多不谦虚啊。  多米尼加我查查看是否要去啊。

点评

如果我是你,我会选择去,就几百块,吃喝玩乐一个星期还求什么。挑酒店留意泳池有没有恒温设备,有就没问题,没有就每次呆几十秒吧。多米尼加有古迹,要做车去南部应该个多两个小时吧。治安不是很好,要小心啊。古巴  详情 回复 发表于 2011-12-16 22:26
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-12-16 02:19:52 | 显示全部楼层
刚刚到一个旅游网站上看了一个Santo Domingo 的4星的酒店, 去过的人评论如下:

Well,I had read other reviews and gave the place the benefit of the doubt....shouldn't have.

We arrived at 1am and found a room that was very run down. We then went to the all night snack bar Mangos, and the food looked like it had been cooked that morning (burgers, hotdogs etc. in a steamer that was cold).

The beach is tiny with locals hollering over the wall trying to sell you stuff. Boca Chica did not feel the least bit safe which made us feel trapped on the resort.

Throughout the reosrt there were people, not employed by the hotel, trying to sell you time-shares everywhere along with dodgy excursions on ATVs that we were told by other guests, took you to a garbage dump where chidren would beg for money.

The music wasn't working one night at the beach bar where the few people that were staying at the resort congregated and there were two times we could not get the 1 hour free water activity equipment (kayaks, snorkels, etc.) because the worker was out scuba diving. There are also no paddle boards available.

The pool table was also covered in what looked to be termites and people were playing over them.

The resort was clean though and the buffet was very good with a huge selection.

The staff wasn't unfriendly, as we had read, but were indifferent. Be prepared, even with front desk staff and the store clerks on the resort to hold your grounds when it comes to the cost of things.

We never saw our vacation package rep after the orientation. Booked our excursions with another rep working for a different company.

Some people we met there had worse experiences than us. I wouldn't go again.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
Food, pool on the resort side of the complex.

The weak points
everything else

A.B.
Charlottetown, PE         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-03-31 to 2011-04-07 (7 days)
“ Salmonella Poisoning - Beware”

We had a well deserved trip! Didn't know if we would make it home as planned. Our transfer bus back to the airport left without us, it was an hour earlier than what our rep had relayed to us that morning! We needed a vacation from our vacation, too much stress on the last day.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
The price dropped $200/person within one week of booking, no rebate was offered. We found the room large, with a balcony, but dated and worn. Walking distance to Boca Chica was nice. The food was tasty and quite a variety of dishes.

The weak points
The front desk staff were helpful and friendly, but incredibly slow on arrival. The toilet would not flush, plugged every try. Was diagnosed with salmonella poisoning upon returning home.

K.Recoskie
Graston, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-03-25 to 2011-04-01 (7 days)
“ Very Average Resort”

Having read the scary reviews before booking, this seemed to indicate that things were really worse than when we were there 3 years previous but having traveled lots we decided lets give it another try. Sure there were problems but overall this resort is now really trying to upgrade everything which takes time. One of the key problems is that many people do not attend the briefing where a lot of information is given out by your tour rep. This would save many headaches with arising problems. One instance is the # to dial for repairs etc. which we used twice & had the complaints handled in reasonable time. We did have major stomach problems after eating at one a la carte restaurant & figured it may have been the water as our food orders were both completely different..that was quite scary but we survived. All in all this resort is what was expected, very average, so we won't be back again.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
Cleanliness is fairly good Staff & security quite helpful

The weak points
Food below average

Johnny Mac
Guelph, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-03-22 to 2011-03-29 (7 days)
“ An overall good experience”

We were scared after reading the reviews during the week prior to our trip. The trip didn't start well with the 4 hours to get from Punta Cana to Boca Chica. As soon as we got to the resort, we had good service from the reception and the staff. Our rooms would always be clean, and if ever we needed anything (extra towels mostly), the reception would ensure we receive it within the hour. The entertainment was excellent throughout the week. We were able to have reservations to the a la carte restaurants at the time we wanted on most days without having to be at the reception at 8 AM. Overall, we were satisfied with everything but the bus drives to and from the airport.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
Clean rooms Nice beach and pool areas Friendly staff

The weak points
Long bus trip

Justin Saulnier
Moncton, NB         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-03-17 to 2011-03-24 (7 days)
“ ALL INCLUSIVE TRIP”

The rooms were rated to high compared to what they really were.

Service was very good.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
The outside of this resort was kept very, very clean, and well maintained. The evening entertainment was very good for adults, but one evening was questionable with children in attendance.

The weak points
The rooms I thought could have been maintained better, paint caulking around tubs etc.

Robert S. Smith
Antigonish, NS         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-03-10 to 2011-03-17 (7 days)
“ Be Live Hamaca in March 2011”

The hotel was very clean although the shower faucet was broken but fixed when I asked. The staff is very polite and helpful, even the ones who didn't speak any English. The resort is beautiful and there are guards around the compound for people who want to stroll around at night. I really appreciated that. The buildings are well-maintained. The all-inclusive meals were diverse to suit many tastes. My only complaint is that the towels are filthy.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
food choices varied to suit different tastes, clean rooms, nightly entertainment, safe atmousphere, beautiful scenery

The weak points
the towels were unacceptedly dirty, really filthy, need more activities to participate in (more excursions) around or out of the compound, the hotel is very far from the airport

Diane
Brossard, QC         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-03-06 to 2011-03-13 (7 days)
“ Bad vacation”

After 9 hours of traveling with a small child (plane and bus) we were very tired and hungry. We had a very early breakfast on the plane and nothing else to eat until 6:30 p.m. The front desk staff were very slow. We stood at the front desk 2 1/2 hours waiting for rooms. We required 3 rooms, we were give 2 rooms in one building and one room very far away in another building. My mom, who has trouble walking was given a room at the back of the resort. We booked ground floor rooms and king sized beds and were put on the second floor with double beds. There were no blankets (only sheets) no pillow cases, no face cloths, tv's didn't work well, the shower curtain bars wouldn't stay attached to the wall. We had to get the sunwing rep. to speak to the hotel manager to get anything done. The front desk staff just telling us no problem but never produced any results. We booked this vacation in September so you would think that they knew we were coming. This was not a very good vacation!

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
good beach

The weak points
poorly run hotel.

Mary Jarvis
Heatherson, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-02-24 to 2011-03-03 (7 days)
“ Crappy vacation”

After 9 hours of traveling with a small child (plane and bus) we were very tired and hungry. We had a very early breakfast on the plane and nothing else to eat until 6:30 p.m. The front desk staff were very slow. We stood at the front desk 2 1/2 hours waiting for rooms. We required 3 rooms, we were give 2 rooms in one building and one room very far away in another building. My mom, who has trouble walking was given a room at the back of the resort. We booked ground floor rooms and king sized beds and were put on the second floor with double beds. There were no blankets (only sheets) no pillowcases, no face cloths, tv's didn't work well, the shower curtain bars wouldn't stay attached to the wall. We had to get the Sunwing rep. to speak to the hotel manager to get anything done. The front desk staff just telling us no problem but never produced any results. We booked this vacation in September so you would think that they knew we we’re coming. This was not a good vacation!

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
good beach

The weak points
poor service

Patricia Hawes
Heatherson, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-02-24 to 2011-03-03 (7 days)
“ Not 4 star”

The Garden view rooms were horrible;our second roon was not even made up.It took them 1 hour to check in 4 families,at this point it was 12
;30 am it took three visits back too the front desk and then a meeting with the tour host and the front desk manager, that point they made an effort too move us too ocean view rooms, still at some expense to myself, After that i will say the staff was very good and made our stay much better than expected ,considering the initial start!!We would probably go back if we were guarnteed ocean view rooms at min

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
Most of the staff try very hard too please you!!

The weak points
front desk has serious language barriers, and the food is suspect,would not eat the beef or pork

Anthony Roger Adam Long
London, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-02-22 to 2011-03-01 (7 days)
“ Could have been great...”

With a little bit of effort and minor investment, this could easily be a 4 star hotel.

UNACCEPTABLE:
- 3 hours to check in.
- Dead bugs in room (1st room).
- 2 single beds for a couple (both rooms).
- Toilet making noise consistently (1st Room)
- Shower head was broken and took a whole day to be replaced (2nd room).
- Found room door left open by cleaning staff, I left it open and waited but nobody returned for 45 minutes at which point I closed the door and left. (1st room)
- Noisy neighbors up as late as 5am and no effort on the part of the hotel to tell them to be quiet. (1st room)

ANNOYING:
- Not enough beach chairs resulting in early birds 'claiming' large quantities of chairs for their friends.
- No clear procedures: It took us a day to find out where to reserve for the restaurants, and another day to find out that they were completely booked by 9am after only taking reservations for one hour.
- Buffet food was hit or miss
- Staff seemed to be encouraged to tell people "in 10 minutes" when asking for beach towels. I find this particularly annoying because I brought my own beach towels and was trying to decide whether or not to get them. If the towels showed up in 10 minutes it was worth waiting for. On one occasion the towels took almost 2 hours so I was fed the "10 minutes" line several times when had they just told the truth I would have retrieved my own towels and not wasted 2 hours of valuable beach time.
- Safe boxes in rooms should be included in the package.
- Diet sodas were scarce at best.
- Time-share sales people were so annoying and aggressive that we often took detours to avoid them.

GOOD:
- One person at the front desk named Randy was particularly helpful, unfortunately all of his surrounding staff was incompetent or at least rendered useless by the influx of new guests and escalation of complaints.
- The entertainment was above par.
- The drinks were good, minus the times they ran out of mint for Mohidos and an overall drink inconsistency most likely due to lack of bartender training.
- Our upgraded room was very nice, the bathroom was amazing. Night and day compared to our first room, although not without a few problems.
- The beach/weather/etc. was great.
- The hotel itself was esthetically pleasing.
- The staff was obviously not discouraged from pursuing 'relationships' with guests which I find to be an enlightened approach. Some hotel employees didn't even bother trying to be discreet.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
After moving to to upgraded room: Room 3/5 (still no Kingsize bed). Bathroom 4/5.

The weak points
Reception was awful, 3 hrs to check in & 2 days to get an upgrade, our first room was awful: Room 1/5. Bathroom 1/5. Toilet made constant noise, there was dirt/rust/dead bugs. No sound insulation (neighbors partied all night). Not enough beach chairs.

Kris
Montreal, QC         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-02-20 to 2011-02-27 (7 days)
“ Great holiday with family besides 4 hour bus trip”

the front desk was very slow rooms not ready when arrived at 4pm washrooms could have been cleaner need more staff at bars and restaurnts the pools were nice and clean the beach is a 10 very nice they need to spend a little more time cleaning up after people do it a little faster great for kids swimming the entertainment was fine but could bring in some professianals to help they try to say heres some free stuff hats bags etc come with me but are taking you to a time share meeting very pushy about it upgraded to a beach front room for 20.00 a night which is a good price the food was very good and the alacartes were great over all we had a great time there were 6 of us in are party very long bus ride from airport 4 hours you dont stop and there is nothing to drink they should make a stop or have some water for you

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
food good drinks good

The weak points
bus trip service at front desk rooms not clean on arrival like they didnt know we were even coming

Scott Gaboury
North Bay, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-02-14 to 2011-02-21 (7 days)
“ Trip From Hell”

We want a refund. Spent a day travelling and a day returning home. It was a 5 day vacation. We were'nt told about the 3.5 hr. bus ride. Check in was slow for no apparent reason. Getting served at the beach bars took 5 mins. plus when they were not very busy. Asked for wine with our meals seldom got it or water; had to get our own utensils. Didn't get beer and water in our room everyday. The first day ther were no towels in the room. We were asked to leave the Pelican Restaurant because we weren't paying for food or drinks. Etc. etc. This place will go bankrupt nobody was happy. This was a 3 star at best.

* Room
    * Quality - Price
    * Front desk / Reception
    * Beaches
    * Staff / Crew
    * Cleanliness
    * Business Services
    * Food / Restaurants

The strong points
Jose at the pool bar.

The weak points
Most

Jeffrey Craig
Balderson, ON         Stayed at hotel Be Live Hamaca
2011-02-10 to 2011-02-17 (7 days)
“ That pain in my stomach.”

when you go on holiday you think it should be fun/sun,maybe a hangover.but not from getting so sick(never been so sick in my life it scared me)eating on the resort in the dinning room.for 3days did not eat anything,i sat on that toilet felt like tap,they did not reconize my travel inc i bought they wanted cash,i was scared to get on the plain when i got home i went to a walk in clinic to get some help because my doctor was not open till monday.u should look into this because was not the only one.i am a bit disapointed,paid all that money to go on holiday to get sick from the food at the sesort i am staying,i am home and still like a tap.i dont usually complain something had to be said.

点评

秋叶大哥你们的古巴行计划咋样啦,到时候啦吧?!  详情 回复 发表于 2012-1-5 14:44
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-16 19:54:26 | 显示全部楼层
不要听tripadvisor那些意见,给他们8星级酒店也有人投诉。你付几百块包机票、all inclusive,任吃任饮,你可以想象水平如何,何况你去多米尼加这些落后国家。放开胸怀,几百块买不了天堂,性价比已经很好。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-16 20:32:09 | 显示全部楼层
秋叶兄,你要进行那样的活动,古巴和多米尼加都不能入选。这两个地方就是让人晒海滩的,大部份访客都足不出度假村。不过游泳还是可以的,泳池不行,还有海嘛。还可以划船。St. Lucia 和 Jamaica 比较合适,还有悬崖跳水呢,够刺激的吧。不过就不是这个价码了,至少要加倍。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-16 22:26:49 | 显示全部楼层
秋叶 发表于 2011-12-16 00:47
谢谢8hao, 龙女,弄舟提供的情况, 多米尼加是否有值得去的景点? 比如以前我去的墨西哥的CANCUN就是我理 ...

如果我是你,我会选择去,就几百块,吃喝玩乐一个星期还求什么。挑酒店留意泳池有没有恒温设备,有就没问题,没有就每次呆几十秒吧。多米尼加有古迹,要做车去南部应该个多两个小时吧。治安不是很好,要小心啊。古巴治安比较好一点,20年前,现在不知道。

点评

古巴治安:海滩上很好,服务人员的素质很高。到了哈瓦那就有好多讨钱的小孩子有时会拉你。 另外提示:如果行李有空闲,请带些旧衣服去古巴。沙滩上有古巴人会问你要,多半是拿本地物品像海螺等交换,或为你服务。我  详情 回复 发表于 2011-12-19 01:34
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-19 01:22:02 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 龙女 于 2011-12-19 00:24 编辑

古巴那边讲西班牙文,所以有些地名发音和英语发音不一样,像哈瓦那,他们就发音[ha'bana]。我跟着古巴人问好用OLA,相当于HELLO觉得很好玩,就像那里的村姑。

若去哈瓦那,可以跟旅游团的车去,然后自由行,仅付车钱(我们那里去25比索,行车单程近两小时)。跟团一天就67比索(一个加元就换0.92个比索),包午餐。跟我一座去的维也纳老头就是只搭了旅游车,回程路上他告诉我,自己雇个出租车玩了几个主要地方,时间从容,还省钱。我因当初不知道可以只搭车这样的信息,所以交完钱不再有选择。哈瓦那之游还有包括热带展的,晚上,所以一天不够离开。

哈瓦那有海明威故居,参观一次三个比索。等我在枫叶之国(实在不知该属于哪里啦)开个主题,把照片发上去给大家参考,自己决定是否想去。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-19 01:34:02 | 显示全部楼层
8hao 发表于 2011-12-16 21:26
如果我是你,我会选择去,就几百块,吃喝玩乐一个星期还求什么。挑酒店留意泳池有没有恒温设备,有就没问 ...

古巴治安:海滩上很好,服务人员的素质很高。到了哈瓦那就有好多讨钱的小孩子有时会拉你。

另外提示:如果行李有空闲,请带些旧衣服去古巴。沙滩上有古巴人会问你要,多半是拿本地物品像海螺等交换,或为你服务。我就被古巴女人问了多次要不要梳小辫,付给旧衣服就成。我还稀奇呢,她们要给我梳小辫还不亏死,够梳别人3、5个
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-20 17:00:27 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 龙女 于 2012-1-5 13:42 编辑

又想起一点:

古巴度假村的房间里没有INTERNET和外界电话服务,上网打电话要去大厅那里。我住的是很大的度假村,网吧就一个有三台计算机的小房间,计算机有六种语言,没有中文。网费每小时10个比索,大概要11加元,还不能使用外界设备上传下传。

所以建议去的朋友走前尽量处理好各项事务,到那就一心享受夏日美景、忘了网络吧
IMG_0595.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-5 14:44:48 | 显示全部楼层
秋叶 发表于 2011-12-16 01:19
刚刚到一个旅游网站上看了一个Santo Domingo 的4星的酒店, 去过的人评论如下:

Well,I had read other re ...

秋叶大哥你们的古巴行计划咋样啦,到时候啦吧?!

点评

看来最近都走不了, 现正忙于我在中国订购的新产品的出货呢, 另外不知道古巴适合海边游泳的季节是几月份?  详情 回复 发表于 2012-1-5 15:09
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|加国新天地论坛

GMT-4, 2024-9-16 16:33 , Processed in 0.039391 second(s), 15 queries .